TaleFin Pty Ltd (ACN: 644 262 742) is an information services business that recognises the importance of privacy and information security to effectively operate our business. We operate within the bounds provided by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act). This document articulates how we manage personal information in compliance with our obligations under the Act.
We recognise your right to privacy and have established a number of systems to support
- the security of your information
- the ability to access the information that we hold about you and;
- the ability to correct and improve the quality of any information that we hold about you.
We also operate a credit reporting business. For information about how we handle credit reporting information please see here.
We may collect and hold the following information:
- Identification information including:
Previous name or alias
Date of birth
Driver license number
Other identifying document numbers
- Consumer credit liability information including:
Credit provider name
Type of credit
Term of credit contract
- Repayment history
- Default information (Where applicable)
- Serious credit infringements (Where applicable)
- New arrangement information
We do NOT collect any of the following:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions or associations
- Religious beliefs
- Sexual orientation or practices
- Criminal Records
We collect information about you fairly and lawfully in the course of running a credit reporting business from:
- Credit Providers
- Mortgage or Trade Insurers
- Mercantile Agencies
Before providing your information, these businesses must seek and obtain consent from you. We will also collect information from you to verify your identity before providing access to your file and to submit corrections and bans.
We disclose information stored in accordance with the Privacy Act to support customers to:
- Meet compliance obligations
- Assess risk when proving credit
- Protect you against fraud
Customers who view your credit report have declared that they are doing so only after having received consent from you.
You may at any time access information that we have about you by:
- Identifying yourself via our website here
- Registering an account that will allow you to be identified in the future
- Logging in at any time to access your information.
If you believe that inaccurate or incorrect information has been provided to us, we encourage you first to engage with your credit provider to provide them with an opportunity to correct the information on their system and ours.
Failing that, to correct your information, please register and identify yourself here and you’re your information as described above in 10.
Information provided will be reviewed, and where applicable an investigation will take place:
- Through our investigation, we may contact you to seek additional information or clarification.
- We will also be in touch with the entity that provided your information for further clarification.
For requests that require investigation, we will respond to you in writing, the outcome of the investigation and where applicable will immediately make the resultant corrections.
In the event that the Credit Provider and Lend Guard have failed to meet your satisfaction you may contact:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
1800 931 678
GPO Box 3, Melbourne Vic 3000
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
1300 363 992
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001